How does agile go wrong? I know, I know, it's not supposed to go wrong is it? I mean, Agile is perfect right?
Alas, nothing is perfect in this world, and that includes even Agile.
So, what can go wrong with Agile Software Development? We'll talk about five things:
- Flaccid Agile—Trying to do agile without technical disciplines.
- The Invasion of the Project Managers—How Agile got co-opted by well meaning folks, and how that split the Agile community in two.
- AgileFall—The ever-present temptation to do waterfall and say you are doing Agile.
- Agile, Schmagile—The trap of thinking that Agile is nothing but a mindset.
- Agile in the Large—What? That's a problem? Uh, oh.
So, charge your phasers and raise your shields, because this episode is all about how to do Agile wrong.