Effective: May 24, 2018
This Privacy Notice describes our current privacy practices regarding your use of our website (www.cleancoders.com) and our products and services.
1. Who is Clean Coders?The Clean Coders, LLC ("Clean Coders," "us," or "we") produces instructional videos for software professionals. Our mailing address is 1520 Artaius Parkway #7038, Libertyville, Illinois 60048.
2. Does Clean Coders comply with E.U. - U.S. Privacy Shield and the Swiss - U.S. Privacy Shield?
With respect to personal data transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Clean Coders is subject to regulatory enforcement powers of the US Federal Trade Commission.
Clean Coders has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, JAMS International. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield for more information and to file a complaint. In certain circumstances, more fully described on the Privacy Shield Website, you have a right to invoke binding arbitration before the Privacy Shield Panel as a last resort in resolving your issues.
3. What kind of personal data does Clean Coders collect and how is it used?
What kind of personal data does Clean Coders collect and how is it used?
Direct Collection and Use
We collect your personal information directly from you when you register to use Clean Coders’s products, when you contact us via our website contact form, and when you sign up to receive emails from us regarding new videos. We may collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact data, such as your name, address, work or personal email address, facsimile number, and your hashed password
- Business data, such as company name and products that you use and whether you have subscribed to receive emails about new products and services
- Payment data, such as invoice information or the last four digits of your credit card
The personal information that we collect from you is used to:
- Provide you with Clean Coders’s products and services
- Log you into your account
- Respond to your requests and questions
- Tell you about new Clean Coders videos
Passive Collection and Use
Like most companies, we collect limited personal information from visitors to our website and users of our products and services. This information may include:
- IP Address
- Last login date
- Account creation date
- Referring pages
- Clickstream data
- Internet Service Provider location
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Most web browsers allow some control of cookies through browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Web beacons (tracking pixels) are tiny transparent images embedded in ads on webpages to track how many users visit our website or view our digital ad to help us understand how users are interacting with our website.
Clean Coders uses Google Analytics to help us understand how you engage with our website and applications. To learn more about how Google Analytics collects and processes data, please see https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Web Server Logs
For statistical purpose, Clean Coders may collect information and store it in log files. These logs files will contain standard information collected by web servers, such as client IP address, browser type, internet service provider, operating system and the like. This information is used internally to administer our website and to gather demographic information about our user base.
Passively collected information is used to:
- Provide us information about website usability, user interaction and number of users
- Help us identify you as a repeat visitor
- Maintain session information for logged-in users
4. Will Clean Coders use my personal data to communicate with me?
Clean Coders may send you information about new products and services if you opt in to receive such communications by checking a box at the time you register with our site. You may discontinue receiving this marketing information by contacting us at email@example.com.
As a user of our products and services, Clean Coders may also send you information about your account or our services, such as an email when you register for a trial account or new account, an email to confirm account changes, and updates on our website. We consider these communications to be part of your Clean Coders account. You may discontinue receiving this information by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in the email or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that your choice to unsubscribe to account or service information may affect our ability to provide you with our products or services.
5. What are my rights to personal data?
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, including a copy of that information in a commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Correction or completion of personal data we hold about you if what we have on file is incorrect or incomplete.
- That we cease using your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- That we delete your personal data.
For personal data that we have collected about you, you may contact us at email@example.com to exercise these rights.
6. Does Clean Coders collect personal data from children?
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 16. Clean Coders does not target our website, our products or services towards children under the age of 16.
7. Does Clean Coders share my personal data with third parties?
Clean Coders may share or disclose personal data under certain circumstances. We may disclose or share your personal information when:
- We need to share personal information with third parties, including payment processors and cloud storage database providers, to provide you with the Clean Coders products and services that you request;
- You request that we share your personal information with a third party;
- We need to share your personal data with other companies to prevent fraud or to reduce risk
- We are required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
We consider information, including your personal information, to be an asset to our business. This business asset may be included in an acquisition of Clean Coders, in whole or in part; a sale of some or all of Clean Coders’s assets; a merger or merger involvement; or other transition of our business.
Clean Coders complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles for onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
Retention of Personal Data
Personal data shall generally only be kept for as long as the purpose for which it was collected remains. However, we may retain personal information to protect our legal rights, or to comply with the law
Integration and Links to Other Websites
Our website and our products may contain links and provide integrations to other websites and products of other organizations. We provide these links and integrations as a convenience to you; we do not operate, control or endorse these websites or products. It is your choice whether to utilize these links and integrations or not. These external websites and products are subject to their own privacy policies. We are not responsible for the content, your use of, nor the privacy practices of those websites.
8. Do I have a choice in providing my personal information to Clean Coders?
When interacting with Clean Coders, you choose what personal information and how much information to provide to us. Your choice may affect our ability to provide you with our products or services.
9. How does Clean Coders protect my personal data?
Clean Coders takes reasonable physical, administrative, and technological measures to protect personal data in its possession from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Clean Coders may occasionally update or revise this Privacy Notice. When we do, we will also revise the “last updated” date at the top of our Privacy page on our website. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Notice to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal data we collect.
11. How can I obtain additional information or ask questions about Clean Coders’s privacy policies?
Clean Coders does our best to provide clear and transparent information and policies around our privacy and data sharing practices. If you have additional questions not covered in this policy, please contact Clean Coders at firstname.lastname@example.org.